12 weeks FREE Slimming World – Limited offer and spaces – January to March 2022
Would you like to lose weight to improve your health?
If you meet the following, you may be eligible for a free place:
- Have a Body Mass Index of 30 or above BMI calculator | Check your BMI - NHS |
- Have not been a member of Slimming World in the last 3 months The Food Optimising eating plan is based around satisfying your appetite with healthy everyday foods like fruit and vegetables, pasta, potatoes, eggs, fish, lean meat and chicken so that you never go hungry. It’s a long-term plan, not a quick fix, so no food is banned and whatever your favourite treat is, you can still enjoy it in moderation. As a member, you choose the target weight that you feel happy with and are motivated and encouraged in hour long weekly meetings to share experiences, recipes and ideas with your fellow slimmers in a warm, supportive environment. Research shows this is crucial to weight loss success and, once you reach your target weight, you can attend for free. Groups are led by trained Slimming World Consultants, all of whom are former members and have lost weight on the plan themselves. Your weight always remains confidential and your weight losses and gradual changes towards a healthy lifestyle are celebrated.
- Motivating you to become more active gradually, when you feel ready, is Slimming World’s optional Body Magic programme. It works by redefining what is seen as activity so that anything that gets you moving more, from washing the car to walking the dog, is rewarded and counts towards your weekly total.
- Slimming World offers weekly group support to help you make gradual changes towards a healthy lifestyle
- Please contact the GP Practice as soon as possible, stating you would like a referral to Slimming World
National Data Opt Out learn more here Data in primary care is of particular value because it encompasses so many conditions, some of which are treated primarily (or entirely) in primary care settings. This data can be used to more accurately predict the demand for future care provision.The data will consist of symptoms, observations, diagnoses, results, allergies, referrals, immunisations, appointments, sexual health and mental health, as well as the patient’s sex, ethnicity, and the staff who have treated them.
The data that will not be collected includes names, addresses, written notes from doctors, images, any information over 10 years old (old medicines or appointment data), or any data that GPs cannot ordinarily share by law – including IVF treatment or gender reassignment data.
If you do not want your confidential patient information held in your GP medical record to be used for purposes other than your individual care. This is commonly called a type 1 opt-out. This opt-out request can only be recorded by your GP practice. Please advise us in writing if this is your preference before September 2021
We recommend you read the information available on the NHS Digital & SE London websites (links below) before making your decision.
Your Data Matters - British Sign Language version - YouTube
Your Data Matters
Your Data Matters Guidance for Carers
Your Data Matters Guidance for Young people
Bromley Y text/chat service-The Signpost This is a free, anonymous text chat service called The Signpost for young people aged 11-18 who would like some advice from our wellbeing practitioners for emotional difficulties they are facing. Please note this is not a crisis line. The number is 07480 635 025. Lines are staffed 9am to 5pm on weekdays.
- Electronic Repeat Dispensing
Our practice is collaborating with NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) which is providing NHS numbers for those patients that may be
Important please read - Local Care RecordThe Local Care Record enables the sharing of electronic information between GP Practices, hospitals and community services.
The Local Care Record will allow care professionals to view medications, previous treatments, test results and other important information at the touch of a button.
This will make care safer and quicker by allowing professionals to review all relevant information before making decisions
For more information please visit the website
If you do not wish for your information to be shared call
020 7188 8801 or email gst-tr.GSTPALS@nhs.net